SENIOR DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Clearance Level: DoD Secret
Desired Education: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
The SQL Server / Oracle DBA will provide unparalleled support to our customer. The SQL Server / Oracle DBA participates in full life-cycle software development including specification, design, implementation, testing, and documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Creates logical and physical relational data bases
* Conducts performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting
* Administers Disaster Recovery Planning and Security Management operations
* Troubleshoots performance issues, fine-tunes databases and index analysis
* Conducts SQL Server 2012 migration from SQL Server 2008 / 2005
* Addresses memory configurations for SQL Server
* Conducts Batch processes, Import, Export, Backup, Database Monitoring tools and Application support
* Creates linked servers between SQL Server & Oracle
* Creates packages for data transfer between environments
* Migrates from Oracle based on-premise server to SQL Server 2016 in AWS cloud.
* Works in an Agile and DevOPS environment
* Provides expert guidance and direction to Government and Vendor senior level technicians and managers.
* Requires Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) and 8 years of relative experience. May use equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Security , Security CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA or CISSP.
* hands on application of database STIGs
* Knowledgeable about clustering, disaster recovery, and availability
* Thorough knowledge of backup, recovery, database/application performance tuning, and related infrastructure diagnostics
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Technica's policy to affirmatively support Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for all qualified individuals without regard to color, gender, religion, creed, national origin, age, race, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy covers all aspects of the employment relationship including recruiting, hiring, compensation, assignment, promotion, transfer, training, working conditions, employment longevity, retirement, employee benefits and termination.
Technica's EEO philosophy promotes equal employment opportunity throughout the organization. Any form of unlawful employee harassment based on the above mentioned characteristics is prohibited. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
If you are new to Technica Corporation, select Apply for this Position.
Note that Internet Explorer is the preferred browser when applying.
If you have previously applied to a position with Technica Corporation, input your e-mail address and password below to login.
If you do not remember your password click here.
* Open Positions
* Careers FAQ
Website : http://www.technicacorp.com