Washington, DC 20001
IntelliWare Systems is a growing small business with an immediate need for skilled and energetic SQL Database Administrator to support a large federal client. The client has deployed a virtualized environment using a VMware vSphere Infrastructure, which currently hosts over 200 virtual servers distributed throughout the enterprise on both the unclassified and classified networks. The client has Operations and Maintenance (O&M) responsibility for administering the VMware Infrastructure across all enclaves. The client is also responsible for administering the databases, database hosting environments, and various commercial off-the-shelf software products installed in the virtual environments. The database administrator (DBA) tasks are related to the administration and maintenance, problem resolution, and system administration of the client's SQL Server databases. These SQL databases reside on Windows 2008 and 2012 operating systems.
The client is a service-oriented and service-driven organization. As such, the majority of the work performed falls into one of three categories: (1) responding to service requests from application developers, other information technology (IT) professionals, and executive management; (2) performing routine database maintenance and administration, such as space allocations and reorganizations; and (3) implementing database changes in response to changes in the client's enterprise computing environment, such as new versions/releases of systems software, the introduction of new computing hardware, virtualization of computing hardware to host multiple logical servers, and concurrently running multiple higher level operating systems, such as UNIX, Linux, and Windows on virtualized hardware. Primarily, the candidate shall assist in the enhancement, maintenance, problem resolution and system administration of the client SQL Server databases. Candidates shall have proficiency in SQL Server 2014.
Operations and maintenance of the various SQL Databases:
* Timely alerts to the designated Government representative when additional hardware or software is required to maintain the availability or performance of database functionality.
* Support all activities throughout the implementations of the projects to include:
SQL Database Installation, configuration, and technical support
Coordinate and support SQL database and application upgrades
Create and maintain SQL Server physical database structures based on logical design specifications provided by the application developers.
Provide technical and functional analysis in the SQL Server environments.
Requirements Analysis: The Contractor shall conduct a thorough analysis of operational, technical, and systemic requirements for any required modification to maintain the SQL databases.
In collaboration with the application developers, plan, coordinate, design, develop, test, and execute data migrations to/from SQL Server databases.
Perform modifications to SQL Server environments to support changes to the applications, reporting requirements, and user requests.
Development of SQL databases to support new or current applications, ensuring physical or virtual database configuration and storage needs are met.
Analyzing Security Requirements:
The candidate will analyze security requirements and implement solutions required to protect the SQL databases. The candidate shall support Certification & Accreditation (C&A) activities based on defined Security Division (SecD) policies and instructions. Support may be provided during multiple phases of the C&A process including:
Database administration for existing database and future SQL database systems:
* Administration of access control for SQL Server database systems
* Administration of SQL databases
Ensure compliance with established SQL Server database standards and propose new/revised standards as necessary.
Monitor existing SQL databases data base storage needs and perform fine-tuning to ensure the databases are running efficiently.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The performance of work under this task order shall require the contractor to have experience and be proficient in the following technical areas: Windows Server 2012 operating system.
* SQL Server 2014.
* Applications tuning for applications running on Dell enterprise-class servers with 4 or more processors.
* Administration, implementation, monitoring, and operations and maintenance of SQL databases on VMware servers and on non-virtualized servers.
* DNS and IP addressing.
* Federal Information Technology security standards and implementation of SQL systems to ensure security compliance.
* Requirements analysis to successfully support SQL Server databases and applications.
* Allocation and management of drive space on the servers.
* Fine-tuning and monitoring SQL Databases to ensure efficient operations.
* Development of SQL Server databases according to requirements and change requests.
* DBMS product evaluation and recommendation.
* Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
The performance of work under this task order shall prefer the contractor to have some experience in the following technical areas:
* Windows Server 2008 operating system.
* SQL Server 2008.
* Implementation of Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) controls and standards on SQL systems to ensure security compliance.
* Familiarity with the process of analyzing and mitigating resultant findings of security scanning software. E.g. Nessus, App Detective, DISA SCAP Compliance Checker, Etc.
* Processing and troubleshooting SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages.
* Administration of SQL Server AlwaysOn Availability Groups.
* Administration of SQL Server mirroring databases.
* Understanding of configuration and change management practices and procedures.
* Minimum 4 years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server database administration in a distributed production environment
* Minimum 2 or more years of production DBA experience including development, test and production database environments
* Bachelor's Degree
Washington DC - All work shall be performed during normal business hours (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., flexible) Monday through Friday, excluding Federal holidays. With occasional weekend work for routine maintenance; typically, this is one day a month for about 4-6 hours.
Top Secret - SCI eligible. CI Poly will be required.
IntelliWare is a privately-owned company founded to provide business and technical services to government and commercial clients. Our business philosophy is to hire the brightest, yet humble, people we can find and provide them with the team, training, and support they need to exceed our customers' mission requirements. Our experienced, cleared, and professional workforce receives compensation and benefits that are intended to be among the best in our industry.
Website : http://www.intelliwaresystems.com/
IntelliWare has proven expertise helping national security customers create strategy, build organizations, establish policy, manage change, develop processes, run programs, communicate, train the workforce, and control budget.