DIVERSIFIED TECHNICAL SERVICES
Jbsa Randolph, TX 78150
Company Overview: DTSI is a leader in the systems engineering and IT services industry. With nearly four decades of experience providing quality technical support services and solutions to a diverse customer base, DTSI applies time-tested skills, knowledge, and abilities in the management of its projects and contracts. DTSI also possesses a wide range of capabilities from software development to telecommunications and network support to legacy system migration and system modernization.
Position Overview: This position is directed to analyze, resolve the General Database actions along with Database Administration activities, in a highly visible 24/7 mission critical environment with a team of DBA’s and large pool of IT Experts. Works with Dev, Application and Production Support teams on supporting and implementing application changes, database enhancements, and database production support including incident, problem and change management, extensive troubleshooting, Oracle quarterly patch installs, Oracle upgrades, running data-pump exports/imports to refresh data, backups and restores to refresh into non-production environments, working with distributed transactions via database links, and running daily data-fixes among many others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Requires participation in 24x7 on-call rotations for production-support for Oracle Based Environments
• Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production usage, and perform the capacity planning as required
• Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances
• Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS as necessary
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios
• Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures
• Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools
• Create new database users as required
• A good knowledge of the operating system(s) especially Linux, and physical database design
• Provide standard onsite support with additional after hours/weekend support as needed
• Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, Oracle quarterly patch installs
• Experience with RAC database
• Experience in Federal DoD environment
• Experience with R12 EBS HCM Modules
• Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware applications
• Current NACLC/ T3 Investigation or DoD Secret Clearance
Education, Experience, and Certification:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related field of study
• Minimum of 5 years' experience
• Must have a current CompTIA Security or higher certificate to be in compliance with DoD 8570
Inclusion & Diversity: DTSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Disclosure: DTSI is an equal opportunity employer that uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization. Background investigations may be conducted to determine applicant’s eligibility for a Department of Defense security clearance.
For more information about our company, please visit our website: www.dtsi.com
DIVERSIFIED TECHNICAL SERVICES