Apex Systems, Inc.
Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a Senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA) role in the Lincoln, RI area. This is a 6 month contract to Full Time/Perm position and the pay rate is flexible depending on experience. Here are the details:
For applicants who are interested in this Senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA) opportunity; please send a Word resume to Claudio Baccari, Senior Professional Recruiter-Application Delivery Lead (ADL), at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Position: Senior SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
Apex Job ID: 830157
Location: Lincoln, RI
Rate: Negotiable based on experience
Duration: 6 month contract to Full Time/Perm
• Utilize tools to monitor the performance, reliability and availability of the corporate database environments
• Develops, validates and implements procedures to ensure the recoverability and availability of corporate databases to meet business Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
• Responsible for 600 Microsoft SQL server installs with High availability Microsoft clustering, and database mirroring/availability groups across multiple data centers
• Supports day-to-day operational tasks including management of accounts, handling incident and service request tickets, priority incident resolution, and operational maintenance activities such as database backup/restores, and SQL job/script maintenance
• Provides database and SQL Tuning expertise through recommendations to application developers and other core teams
• Manages the storage environments for the SQL Server databases, including planning for additional storage, maintaining optimal sizing, monitoring space and providing growth statistics
• Creates and executes SQL Server backup and recovery policies and maintains integrity and reliability of access to information
• Works with staff and vendors to implement technical solutions and diagnose database system disruptions
• Provides guidance to other IT development personnel
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 7 years’ of professional experience
7 years’ of SQL Server database administration experience
Experience deploying and troubleshooting T-SQL replication and Availability Groups
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Experience working within an Agile environment
Nice to haves:
NetApp storage experience
Experience with MongoDB administration, Teradata, NoSQL and cloud-based records
Experience with IDERA Diagnostic Manager
Must be able to pass a background check
Health and Medical Benefits options
Apex Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants to apply.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or 844-463-6178.
Apex Systems, Inc.
Website : http://www.apexsystemsinc.com