Dunhill Professional Search
Chantilly, VA 20151
ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies to project management, analytical, personnel training, force structure, healthcare, and education challenges. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients' missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
Provides database support by verifying databases associated with network tools and solutions function as required. Responsible for managing the routine operations and maintenance of databases and ensuring their reliable and efficient performance. Focuses on establishing the architecture, design, and security of various databases.
* Performs preventive and corrective maintenance and incident management measures.
* Determines database structural requirements by working with business stakeholders, and identifying optimal database specifications. Ensures that database design and system capabilities meet validated user requirements.
* Supports sequencing diagrams and process flow development, data profiling, data analysis, and logical and physical data modeling.
* Evaluates the integration of new tools or technologies based on the capabilities of the existing infrastructure.
* Creates advanced tests, develops complex databases, and tunes database performance, reviewing database performance trends and identifying opportunities for improvement.
* Provides complex system maintenance support, ensuring that any system disruptions mandated by an upgrade or patch follow the necessary guidelines and approvals.
* Responsible for planning the installation of operating systems, databases, applications, development upgrades, and new releases.
* Plans and executes any needed upgrades to the software applications and ensures necessary licensing is maintained.
* Establishes standards, controls and procedures to ensure data integrity and security.
* Uses various databases and sources to research system vulnerabilities and potential security attacks.
* Performs capacity planning and projection for future growth.
* May provide supervision and input into performance appraisals for junior Database Administrators.
Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study. Master's degree preferred.
The ideal candidate should have at least 10 years of enterprise database administration experience, with 7 years' experience with Microsoft SQL Server. Candidate must be an experienced DBA who has worked on SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014.
Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications is a MUST.
Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
* Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
* Advanced knowledge of database backup and recovery strategies.
* Experience with DBA productivity and performance tools.
* Experience with DoD and Federal Government is strongly desired.
* Advanced knowledge of security network and infrastructure tools, including access control and/or encryption.
* In depth knowledge of troubleshooting skills and out of the box thinking to overcome data obstacles.
* Ability to delegate/split tasks among a team.
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in Knowledge, Skills and Abilities above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, light office duties' or lifting up to 50 pounds or some travel required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Dunhill Professional Search