Cincinnati Bell Inc.
CBTS is currently seeking a Full Time SQL Database Administrator for a position located in Cincinnati, OH.
This position is primarily responsible for the SQL Server environment, which includes setup and tuning of databases and environments to support business goals, importing data for new business, and managing data feeds to business partners.
Essential Job Function/Responsibilities
Setup and tune databases and environments to support business goals.
Develop, test, and monitor data feeds to support client programs.
Participate in data imports for launches of new business (ETL).
Manage data feeds (EDI/SFTP) to external business partners.
Assist IT staff with SQL development and query optimization, security and production data processes.
Take part in technical and business discussions, share ideas, and provide feedback with the goals of providing knowledge transfer and the continual improvement of the Information Technology Department.
Other tasks and projects as assigned.
• Ability to manage all aspects of SQL Server 2008/2012/2016 technical portfolio against commonly-accepted industry and Microsoft best practices
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Transact SQL (T-SQL)
• OLTP database design (OLAP database design experience a plus)
• SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS experience desired
• Strong information assurance skill set (i.e., auditing, security, DR, backup/restore, availability, etc.)
• Planning for growth and scaling of database systems for performance
• 5-10 years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA
• Demonstrated experience in MSSQL-specific performance and availability initiatives
• Previous experience implementing and managing transparent database encryption (TDE) in a production enterprise MSSQL environment
• Technical leadership in a high-assurance environment (e.g., PCI, HIPAA, PII etc.)
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics AX databases highly preferred
• Experience in selection and implementation of third-party MSSQL management tool suites
• Previous Microsoft Windows Server management experience desired
• MCDBA and/or other, related Microsoft certifications desired
• .Net and/or LAMP development background a plus
• PostgreSQL DBA and/or development experience a plus
• NoSQL DBA and/or development experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CAN EMAIL THEIR RESUMES TO email@example.com . PLEASE INCLUDE “SQL DBA” IN THE SUBJECT OF YOUR EMAIL.
Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The City and Suburban Telegraph Company, later Cincinnati Bell Telephone, was officially incorporated on July 5, 1873, becoming the first company in the city to provide direct communication between the city`s homes and businesses. Manufacturer and philanthropist Andrew Erkenbrecher became the company`s first president in 1874. Rates were fixed at $300 a year for one line not more than a mile in length.