Pasadena, CA, United States
Nov 14, 2020
Feb 27, 2021
Sr. Oracle Applications DBA
Roles and responsibilities
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
Estimated duration of 18 months with the potential for extension or conversion.
W2 with full benefits
Customer and contract specific training will be required and provided.
Labor Category: Software and Computing Systems Subject Matter Expert
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Perform operational support for the business application portfolio and infrastructure.
• Perform patching at various system levels
• Clone environments effectively
• Document tasks and processes
• Automate scripts and processes as needed
• Interact with other resources as required for support, creating and working on change requests, and general administration, tuning, backup, and recovery support
• Participate in technical and system engineering design and implementation discussions.
• Will assist with oncall and other support duties that might require after-hours or weekend effort.
• Will ensure validation and review checkpoints are met with other partners including service providers for system administrator and security operations.
• Works independently on important assignments and projects with only limited supervision, typically receiving only general instructions.
• Exercises discretion and independent judgment to compare and evaluate various methods, approaches, and resources and decide which will best accomplish each aspect of such assignments and projects.
• Must be a US Citizen
• Offer contingent on ability to successfully pass a background check and drug screen
• Requires Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related discipline with a minimum of 5 years experience or Master’s degree with minimum 3 years experience. Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) for Oracle DB 11g desired.
• Demonstrated experience in a Unix-based ERP environment.
• Demonstrated experience as an Oracle DBA.
• Proficient in Oracle SQL.
• Proficient in the use of Oracle support sites and interaction with Oracle Support through portals like Metalink.
• Must be willing and have the ability to serve after-hours or in an alternate work-week if needed (including weekends and evenings).
• Demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills with ability to work in a complex, multi-project environment across multiple development and test instances.
• Must have demonstrated experience in the support of software life-cycle based multiple environments and associated tasks like migration and cloning.
• Must be able to display a high level of rigor and discipline/auditing when working on tasks using elevated system access levels.
• Must be able to work under pressure and meet commitments.
• Must have strong coordination and organizational skills and work well with people in a team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience as an Oracle eBS (or Fusion Applications) Apps DBA, with tasks involving maintenance and management of Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Grid Control / Enterprise Manager, Oracle Weblogic, SQL*navigator, TOAD, SQL*developer, CA Remedy configuration management.
• Experience with application of Oracle quarterly PSU/CPU patches, and experience with automated validation and load testing
tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager or similar.
• Other experience that would be a plus includes working with the Oracle Identity Management suite, multiple application servers like Tomcat and JBOSS, and experience with some of the other commercial software used in EBIS: Kronos Timekeeping, Markview, Ecosys EPC, Concur Travel, Cobra, Primavera, Oracle BI EE, and Oracle Discoverer.
Number of positions
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Columbus is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions. If you are disabled and require accommodation or assistance in applying for a position or completing an application please call Ryan Nagahiro, Recruiting Manager at 310-356-5660 to complete over the phone or in-person. EEO/AA/MFDV
Columbus participates in E-Verify
Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.
1960 E. Grand Ave. Suite 1000
El Segundo, CA 90245
© Copyright 2015 by Columbus Technologies and Services, Inc.