Wheeling, IL, United States
May 08, 2020
Aug 21, 2020
ERP Technical Lead and DBA Support
Who we are:
National Louis is a 130 year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more “student ready” so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
What we offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful.
employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
If other, please specify
If part time, hours per week
What you will do:
Technical Lead and
Support will have responsibility for the management and administration of the Banner
Oracle system and its associated technologies. This includes the administration of the application, application integration, technical troubleshooting, scripting, issue resolution, and change control as well as basic systems administration. The
Technical Lead and
Support will assist with projects to enhance and roll out new functionality, enhance current functionally, provide oversight of the change control process, manage environment migrations, database cloning, and database maintenance.
• Responsible for the overall administration, support, planning and management of
business systems, with a specific emphasis on the Banner
system and its supporting technologies; Banner Workflow, Applications Manager, Cognos, payment system, etc. This includes troubleshooting system issues, leading and installing system upgrades, rollouts and implementations; documenting processes and procedures, and providing technical support across all Banner Modules and Self-service applications. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with programs. Assist with configuration of the application. This may include creating or updating UI views, updating standard and custom fields, creating validation rules, and customizations to meet specific business requirements. Demonstrates knowledge of
, and Oracle
• Consult with supervisors, programmers, to implement new functionality delivered as part of Banner, Banner Self-service, and its supporting technologies. Plan upgrades as assigned by the Director of Enterprise applications. Assist team with implementing and resolving of issues around the oracle database, Banner, and supporting technologies, and interfaces with other systems. Write and maintain documentation for systems, databases, procedures for all technical and
functions. Reviews user and technical documentation written by others to confirm consistency with program operations.
• Database maintenance and support. Monitor rman backups and perform quarterly backup verifications. Provisioning and deprovisioning of Oracle accounts, granting access, assist other DBAs with oracle upgrades and performance tuning.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
• 1-3 years of experience with Oracle, in a technical role. Ability to write
, basic understanding of
• 1-3 years of experience with programming.
• Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in computer science or related field.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions Summary
Website : http://www.nl.edu