This is a MS SQL / MySQL Server DBA role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this role. This is a production DBA role; as such it will require a commitment on your part as well as ours. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests, fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g.: database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This DBA role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
During your interview you will be asked to discuss a project or particular piece of technology that excites you. We will ask you questions on that project or piece of technology in order to get a better understanding of the depth of your knowledge.
This role requires good communication skills. If you have a blog then please pass along the URL so we can review your work. If you do not actively blog that is fine, but you should be prepared to show us an example of something you have written previously if we should happen to ask.
* Experience with Database Administration for MSSQL Server and some experience with MySQL
* Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems
* Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
* Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
* Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server
* Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts
* Knowledge of indexes, index management, and statistics
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
* Good communication and documentation skills
* Excellent SQL architecture and design skills with proven experience partnering with application development teams to design overall system architecture
* Excellent knowledge of database structures, theories, principles and practices with proven Microsoft SQL Server experience, including reporting services and analysis services
* Proven experience in standard database administration responsibilities(replication, backups/restores, SSIS jobs and scheduling, security administration, partitioning, index maintenance, software maintenance)
* Experience with web-based applications and relational database environments
* Experience designing and supporting data warehouses and business intelligence platforms
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
* Certification is a plus; MCTS, MCITP, MVP
The work requires the incumbent to remain at a desk most of the time. Some travel may be required to represent the company at meetings, conferences and seminars. Tight deadlines must be met with limited staff to support projects.
The work environment is in an office setting that is adequately lighted, temperature controlled and ventilated.
* Competitive pay structure,
* Matching 401(k) with immediate vesting,
* Medical, dental, vision, life, & short-term disability insurance,
* Paid time off and eight (8) paid holidays throughout the calendar year, and
* Through proven success, motivation, and team work, potential for growth and promotions within the organization.
AssistRx, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors, or any other protected categories protected by federal, state, or local laws.
All offers of employment with AssistRx are conditional based on the successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. Sponsorship and/or work authorization is not available for this position.
AssistRx does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or any other vendor services. Any unsolicited resumes will be considered property of AssistRx and no fee will be paid in the event of a hire.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?