Mastech Digital, Inc.
provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Senior Level Database Administrator
for our client in the IT-Services
domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract
position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
6 Months Contract (with possible extension)
Best Market Rates
Role: Senior Level Database Administrator
Primary Skill: Database 2
The Senior Level Database Administrator
would need to have at least 4 years of experience. In this role, you will be the primary source of expertise for administering multiple microservice databases and state-of-the-art storage mechanism for processing AR/VR assets.
You must be an expert in multiple types of data stores, including RDBMS (MySQL, Postgres, and/or SQL Server), NoSQL (MongoDB and DynamoDB required), and newer forms of data stores, including graph and multi-model databases (Neo4j, OrientDB, AWS Neptune).
You will also be responsible for creating, maintaining, upgrading, securing and optimizing databases for all services, and will be involved in the integration of databases with backend applications. You must be willing to be hands-on, self-motivated, and eager to learn new concepts.
For this role, you should also be familiar with some application development concepts in an OOP language such as Java or C , as well as scripting using shell, Python, Ruby or similar. You will help mentor and guide other engineers, contribute to team discussions and conduct analysis to properly prioritize development tasks with management.
You must have a positive and helpful attitude, with a focus on improving systems and working with others.
- Create, maintain, upgrade, secure and optimize databases for existing and new microservices.
- Help design new schemas for data storage that account for business and functional requirements using structured and/or unstructured data.
- Own all function and monitoring of DB services across our development teams.
- Provide expertise around different DB features, pros/cons and tradeoffs for design choices.
- Implement databases using AWS services, such as RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift, Elasticsearch, Neptune.
- Ability to scale databases that are PB in size both horizontally and vertically as needed.
- Develop backup and disaster recovery strategies corresponding with business RPOs and RTOs.
- Ensure that data maintains its accessibility, consistency, integrity and security per business policies.
- Help development teams integrate services with data within above constraints.
- Provide technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance in regard to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Conduct analysis to properly prioritize development tasks with management.
- Develop and execute unit tests to compare results with requirements, to verify test requirements, to identify defects, and to ensure compliance.
- Participate in product feature discussions and proactively identify gaps and areas for testing.
- Work closely with development, QA, and DevOps to ensure thorough proper functionality of bug fixes and new features.
- Proactively identify issues that may impact future product development or lead to opportunities for operational improvement.
- Provide input into new technologies and techniques, as well as participate in the development of proof of concepts and best practices.
- Write clear, structured documentation, and effectively communicate with developers, external contacts, and leadership.
- Databases: RDBMS (MySQL, MSSQL, Postgres); NoSQL (MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase); Graph (OrientDB, Neo4j, Neptune).
- Backend Technologies: J2EE, Spring Framework, AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Neptune), developing and integrating RESTful APIs, JSON/XML/YAML parsing.
Scripting knowledge preferable (Python, Ruby, XML, etc.).
- Knowledge of secure data storage paradigms, data encryption methodologies and best practices, principle of least privilege, access control lists, etc.
- Other Expertise: Linux (all distros), Docker, Git/SVN, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins, Swagger.
- 4 years managing single and multi-model databases at enterprise scale with PB of data or more, and can provide highly performant, highly scalable solutions for data storage and retrieval.
- 2 years Java development (J2EE, Core Java or other).
- 2 years with Spring/Hibernate/MVC and similar frameworks, Spring preferable.
- Experience and comfort working in Agile work environments using SCRUM and Kanban methodologies.
- Experience working and communicating effectively with remote teams and driving milestones.
- Responsible for technical expertise and/or leadership of a work group and/or development of broad programs or projects in support of organizational or area strategies; may communicate and translate functional/operational goals into team goals; manages implementation of policies and procedures; typically reports to a (Technical Manager) Band 6.
Individual Contributor Role
- Functional Expert: Acts independently or member of a highly skilled technical team responsible for fulfilling complex business requirements with the implementation of reliable and efficient automated solutions; may be enterprise wide initiatives.
- Manager of Projects: Responsible for all aspects of the development and implementation of more than one large project and provides a single point of contact for those projects – original concept thru final implementation.
Decision Making Authority
- Receives broad guidance and is accountable for project or program results.
- Exercises considerable judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Work is accomplished without considerable direction.
- Line of sight 1 to 3 years.
- Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity.
- Analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced skills within a professional discipline and general knowledge of other areas.
- Requires independent thinking.
- Demands full use and application of principles, theories, concepts and technologies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- Generally, requires minimum of 6 years of experience in the same or related discipline.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Minimum 4 years
No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
We are looking only for candidates willing to join us directly as W2 employees
Recruiter Name: Daniel Sifer
Recruiter Phone: 412-326-9033
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Expected Travel Time: None
Mastech Digital, Inc.
Website : http://www.mastechdigital.com/
Mastech Digital. We are an IT Staffing and Digital Transformation Services company. Over the years, we have mastered the art of finding the right talent for your IT needs in the most efficient way. We understand the growing need for the digital workforce as well as the importance of people who deliver value out of mainstream technologies. We are proud of our engagements with leading corporations across the U.S., helping them staff their IT needs on time, every time. Backed by robust sourcing practices and screening methodologies, our vibrant teams spread across the U.S. and India are able to drive high levels of staffing efficiencies for our clients. Beyond servicing the usual staffing needs efficiently, we have a habitual flair in finding ‘purple squirrels’ – those uncommon and specialized skill sets that are otherwise hard to source. Our exposure to the evolution of technology has enabled us to build a practice-based approach to service our clients and has led us to nurture capabilities in Digital Transformation Services. Our teams, today, specialize in building applications that support the digital ecosystem on analytics, cloud, social and mobility. Our digital technology practices include Data Management & Analytics, Salesforce, and SAP HANA, while our Digital Learning practice delivers value to organizational learning and development through programed digital content and design thinking. Our investments in proprietary methodologies and custom workshops are backed by a Global Delivery Model to ensure proven efficiencies and increasing value to our clients. A minority-owned organization, Mastech Digital is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol MHH.