connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
• Manage Microsoft SQLServer (MSSQL) RDBMS’ through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Analyzing business requirements and defining system specifications.
• Supporting business and technical professionals in process improvement, technical designs and quality assurance, with emphasis on problem resolution and proactive delivery.
• Configure and maintain database servers, MSSQL RDBMS and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities.
• Install/upgrade/configure MSSQL 2014 - 2017.
• Configure and deploy High-Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions for critical applications to meet SLA’s and limit the outage within the given RPO / RTO.
• Configuring MSSQL Always-On Availability Groups in SQL 2012/2014/2016/2017 for High Availability of database servers as a part of disaster recovery solution.
• Apply Critical Patch updates and Patch Set Upgrades to the RDBMS.
• Implementing new database technologies introduced by MSSQL to improve the performance and throughput of the database and increase the availability and reliability on the SQL Server environment.
• Knowledgeable with NoSQL technologies and how to improve customer experiences.
• Responsible for day-to- day database support and maintenance activities, such as database backups, restores, Query optimization, DBCC, from development to mission-critical production systems to meet or exceed business and IT needs.
• Setup and Design of backup and recovery solutions, according to Disaster Recovery scenarios, Plan and Document specifications.
• Writing high-level Test Plans and Test cases based on baseline requirements.
• Provide support for the client applications and solved client issues.
• Document the company’s database environment
• Install and administer SSAS, SSRS and SSIS
• 24/7/365 support of the environment thru on-call rotation
• 10 years of IT experience (or 6 years of IT experience with Masters degree)
• At least 6 to 8 years of DBA experience
• SQLServer 2014 – 2017
• MUST have worked on SQLServer AAG and DAAG setup and operations
• MUST have worked on managing operations of large (8 TB ) databases
• MUST have worked on both transactional and warehouse databases
• Batch and Powershell scripting
• Have some experience with Hadoop, and other NoSQL platforms along with KSH, and RHEL
• Share knowledge and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other team members.
• Team player and the ability to work in a collaborative environment