Bossier City, LA 71111
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
This position has a 7PM to 7AM shift schedule (3 or 4 days weekly)
The coordinated terrorist attacks on the morning of September 11, 2001 forever impacted the course of history and the American way of life. Those attacks resulted in the creation of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), designed to prevent similar attacks from occurring in the future.
Imagine: A network built to protect 695 million airline travelers and screen 1.5 billion checked bags. This network spans more than 700 sites across the world. Now imagine this: You get to help ensure it is secure.
CSRA supports the TSA, the leading Counterterrorism Agency for the US Government, by managing its worldwide IT environment. Our day-to-day mission is to provide that support in such a way that TSA can protect every single one of those 695 million people equally well, thus protecting our transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
Currently, we are seeking an Oracle Application Database Administrator in Bossier City, LA. The selected candidate must be able to obtain government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
So what is required of an Oracle Application Database Administrator on a day to day basis? There are quite a myriad of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
* Work as a member of a team to provide 24x7x365 support.
* Maintain Oracle backup and recovery policies and procedures.
* Provide guidance and clarification to Developers for database activities.
* Perform database and operating system tuning and performance monitoring.
* Write and troubleshoot database procedures, functions, and triggers.
* Perform application database tuning and performance monitoring.
* Create and maintain processes and standards documents.
* Knowledge of database capacity planning.
* Interface with Oracle technical support.
* Perform patch management and version control.
* Familiarity with SDLC concepts.
* A good knowledge of Oracle data integrity.
Is this job the next step in your career? Are you ready to take the leap and help ensure American-s and their goods are free to move about the country?
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
* Bachelor-s degree in Information Technology or related field and 1 or more Years of Experience Required.
* Currently hold a DHS Secret Clearance.
* Ability to interpret and write SQL and PL/SQL Queries.
* Understanding of Unix Operating System and Oracle 10g/11g databases.
It would be great if you also had:
* Excellent analytical skills
* Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, at all levels of the organization.
* Excellent planning and time-management skills
* Adherence to established policies and directives
* Ability to monitor application related jobs and data replication activities.
* Understanding of database object creation.
* Database query tuning.
* Working knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite.
#earlycareer #cjobs #dicepost
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA LA Bossier City - 6310 E Texas St (LAS004)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.