Dunhill Professional Search
Springfield, VA 20598
DB2 / Oracle DBA
ASM Research, an Accenture Federal Services Company, is a leading solutions integrator focused on using information and technology to solve real world problems for the Federal, state, and local Government organizations we serve. Our Information Solutions, Professional Services, and Information Assurance experts apply the latest technologies and industry methodologies to project management, analytical, personnel training, force structure, healthcare, and education challenges. ASM has a strong track record for 35 years of commitment to our clients' missions that has repeatedly produced extraordinary results.
This role will lead the Database team in the Administration, development, test, or of the Database platforms supporting functions across one or more teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management. Install database management systems (DBMS) and provide input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
This role will lead efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of standard database and Web Service platforms using Accenture pre-developed automation assets. Optionally integrate with database virtualization tools such as Delphix to automate the migration of data across virtual infrastructure and reduce the time to deliver services for cross-environment data synchronization for testing.
Utilize vendor scripting tools and processes, including but not limited to software distribution, backups, performance measurement, tuning, and license and asset management to allow automated as well as remote systems management of the server environment to reduce time to deliver services.
* Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be right sized in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud
* Evaluate utilization of Exadata systems workloads to determine the strategy for use and migration moving forward. Some consolidation of Exadatas is expected as the existing workload moves to more cloud-friendly, lighter weight database platforms readily available in all major cloud service provider environments
* Explore licensing/hosting opportunities for Exadata within Oracle's Cloud (assuming FedRamped) to leverage cost incentives for the high-density mission critical databases
* Lead the database engineering team in integrating, implementing, and operating OIT Database systems (Datacom/DB, IBM DB2, Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle) across the entire enterprise and with cloud service providers to support 24x7x365 availability
* Provide leadership in problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem data bases)
* Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate
* Lead the Engineering, integration, implementation, and operation of a virtualization strategy to include Database server consolidation, storage consolidation, and automation. Automation includes seamless Database provisioning, and non-disruptive workflow/application/data migrations
* Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes
* Provide leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments)
* 3 to 10 years of experience and a B.S. degree. Bachelor of Science (BS) can be substituted with an additional 4 years of related experience
* 3 years experience with Datacom/DB
* 2 year's experience with IBM DB2
* 3 years experience with Oracle systems
* 3 years experience with Oracle Data Guard for multi-site failover and smarter use of standby databases for reporting and analysis functions, rather than sitting idle awaiting failover operations
* 4 years experience Exadata systems
* US Citizenship
* Design and builds relational databases. Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation
* Development of strategies for data acquisitions, archive recovery, and implementation of a database
* Development of data warehousing blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems
* Reviewing and development of object and data models and the metadata repository to structure the data for better management and quicker access
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Licensing/hosting of Exadata within Oracle's Cloud
It is the policy of ASM that an individual's race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation or national origin are not and will not be considered in any personnel or management decisions. We affirm our commitment to these fundamental policies.
All recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting for all job classifications is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, or age. All decisions on employment are made to abide by the principle of equal employment.
The physical requirements described in Knowledge, Skills and Abilities above are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this job. (For example, light office duties' or lifting up to 50 pounds or some travel required.) Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualifying disabilities, who are otherwise qualified, to perform the primary functions.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Dunhill Professional Search