Washington, DC 20001
Who We Seek:
* Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
* Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
* Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
* Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
The Senior Oracle DBA performs troubleshooting, administration, and tuning on Oracle databases for a mission critical application for a federal financial government agency. The individuals will be a key part of a team supporting one of the top 10 most important federal government systems. Must be able to understand advanced database technology, clustering, and replication concepts at a detailed level and work well with vendors, SME's, engineers, management and customers. Good communication skills are important.
What You Need:
* Experience with Oracle RAC environment.
* Experience with Oracle Data Guard and standby creation.
* Experience with golden Gate replication.
* Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments Strong knowledge of PL/SQL, triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, and transaction monitoring.
* Experience with shell scripting.
* Knowledge of physical database design.
* Ability to perform both Oracle and also operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
* Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
* Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
* Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
* Puts standards in place.
* Perform design reviews to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
* Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products.
* 8 years of experience in Database Administration and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Oracle Database Administration.
* Oracle Certified a plus.
* Previous development/infrastructure experience is a plus.
* GoldenGate experience.
* Strong communications.
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.