we have this direct hire role in Boston. FT Direct hire role. Will sponsor and pay relocation for out of town.
They are looking for a SQL DBA who can do some light SQL/Stored Procedure development. Ideally having hands on experience with MySQL, PostGRES or MongoDB are huge pluses. They are also moving from an on site to cloud architecture, so having strong AWS skills (ideally with a similar migration) is needed.
This is NOT a traditional production support DBA role.
The Senior DevOps Database Developer / Administrator is primarily responsible for ensuring the availability and optimization of our production, development, and QA database infrastructure in both on-premises and cloud environments. As a member of the Database Operations Team the DBA will report to the manager of the Database Operations and will work with the team to provide technical expertise and guidance to multiple delivery teams in a DevOps environment.
Candidates must have deep experience with relational database design and development as well as database administration tasks on the SQL Server platform. A solid understanding of SQL Server internals and the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation is essential. Proven experience with cloud database technologies, primarily on AWS, preferred. Experience with non-relational database technologies or relational platforms such as MySQL/PostgreSQL is a plus as is experience working in an Agile development environment with CI/CD pipelines.
A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly while multi-tasking on more than one deliverable.
* Ensure that Acadians databases are available to end users at all times, 24x7x365, including on-call rotation
* Provide guidance to delivery teams to ensure that database code is optimized, scalable, and meets standards regardless of platform
* Implement enhancements and updates to ensure database technology is current
* Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot problems in all environments as they arise
* Ensure that database and query performance are optimized
* Identify and remediate performance issues in the production environment before they impact the business
* Bachelors degree in computer science or a related technical field is preferred.
* 5-8 years of closely related experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later; Additional Microsoft database related technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
* Advanced T-SQL programming, performance, and optimization techniques
* Software development or scripting experience (PowerShell, python, C#, node.js, etc.)
* Experience with backup/recovery tasks, user administration, and SQL Server installation and configuration
* Experience with database environments running on AWS
* Strong understanding of database replication technologies, configuration and performance in a clustered environment
* Windows Server 2012/2016, Linux, Sybase ASE 15
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.kore1.com/
Kore1 is a nationwide provider of recruiting and staffing services for Technology, Digital & Creative, Engineering, Accounting & Finance, Marketing and sales. Our professional services division provides software development and consulting to small, mid, and enterprise level companies. We are in business to help you maintain your competitive advantage by cost-effectively delivering business solutions when and how you need them most. Backed by our world class recruiting engine, we are focused on helping business executives create world-class organizations by enabling them to choose a single, highly competent recruiting partner that can provide thought leadership, best of breed solutions, and consistent delivery results. We are focused on delivering end-to-end talent solutions that help organizations achieve their key business objectives. Kore1 offers Staffing, Workforce Management, Software Development, Recruiting, Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct Hire, and Payroll Services to companies of all sizes.