Computer Task Group, Incorporated
ENGINEER V – SQL SERVER DBA','18201533','','Technology & Healthcare IT','US-OH-Brooklyn','','Technical Diploma (±12 years)','No','!*!
CTG is currently seeking an SQL Server DBA for a financial industry client in Brooklyn, OH. This is a 12 month, W2 contract.
Location: Brooklyn, OH
Duration: 12 month, W2 contract
Pay Rate: $50.23/hour
Job Description & Responsibilities
· Provide 24 x 7 support as needed to respond to system errors and duty pages.
· Work under limited supervision support and engineering of the DBMS platform along with the associated infrastructure.
· Interface with vendors as well as other Technology Services teams to maintain and support the environment.
· Establish and maintain trusted advisor status with our partner community.
· Administration of Test, QV & Production Environments for infrastructure.
· Project lead role on medium to large projects.
· Perform product evaluation, selection and integration responsibilities.
· Support and organize team activities for site-to-site disaster recovery tests.
· Work with partners to ensure that the technology platform remain secure and adhere to corporate defined standards.
· Work to establish and maintain consistent customer relationships by being proactive and cooperative.
· Development and enforcement of technology standards, develop white papers and deliver presentations to management.
· Produce service levels consistent with current business needs and future requirements.
· Act as a mentor to junior staff.
· Provide continuous improvement ideas to reduce expenses and/or improve efficiency.
· Ensure the control, reliability, performance, and security of all technical architecture components.
· Perform performance analysis and tuning, disk space management capacity planning, as well as patching/upgrading databases.
· Backup and recovery of databases using standard products.
· Provide installation of the database engine on various operating systems.
· Solid understanding and experience with Linux and Windows operating systems of the technology platform.
· Employ diagnostic methods and analytical skills to solve problems with effective solutions from a variety of sources.
· Assist with the research and design of high availability solutions. Database Platforms - SQL Server - Various Database Management Tools (RMAN, Idera, OEM, etc.).
· Solid understanding of the technology platform configuration and file locations that are used in problem analysis and root cause determination.
· Uses facts and analysis to support recommendations and proposed solutions.
· Clear, accurate, concise, and candid communication. Listens and questions effectively. Operates with a “Can-Do” attitude.
Required Skill Set:
· 5 years minimum technical experience in a SQL Server DBA role.
· Must have experience with the following systems: Windows 2008; Windows 2016; SQL
CTG (NASDAQ: CTG) provides industry-specific IT services and solutions that address the business needs and challenges of clients in high-growth industries in North America and Western Europe. CTG also provides strategic staffing services for major technology companies and large corporations. Backed by more than 50 years of experience and proprietary methodologies, CTG has a proven track record of reliably delivering high-value, industry-specific staffing services and solutions to its clients. CTG has operations in North America, Western Europe, and India.
CTG's greatest asset is its people, and as such, we are committed to providing employees programs and processes to support their performance, hone their skills, and advance in their careers. This commitment is reflected by CTG being named a Best Places to Work in Healthcare company by Modern Healthcare (2013-2016) in North America, and a Best Workplace in the United Kingdom (2013), Belgium (since 2007), and Luxembourg (since 2011).
CTG will consider for employment all qualified applicants including those with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
CTG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran.','ENGINEER V – SQL SERVER DBA
Backed by 45 years' experience, CTG has a proven track record of delivering high-value, industry-specific solutions that provide real business value to our customers. We combine IT expertise with experience to provide innovative IT solutions that address the business needs and challenges of companies in several higher-growth industries including healthcare, energy, and technology services.