Database Administrator Senior, Full Time, Enterprise Technology, INTEGRIS Corporate in OKC
Job Code: 7501
The Database Administrator Senior researches, designs, implements and maintains databases of moderate to high complexity, affecting multiple departments or entities. Database Administrator is accountable for the 24x7 availability of mission critical production environments and all aspects of administration for non-production environments. Ensures availability and performance of the databases that support customer's applications, pro-actively monitors the database systems to establish secure services with minimum downtime, gathers technical requirements and implements various database patches to support their database requirements, and assists with the planning, implementation, integration, and maintenance of the hardware and software infrastructure supporting a wide variety of applications. Resolves production problems and assist users with issues beyond what front-line support can resolve.
INTEGRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Database Administrator Sr responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Oversight of database architecture, deployment, education and direction of activities of less experienced database administrators.
* Ensures accuracy and integrity of data and applications through proper execution of loading and maintenance of quality assurance protocols
* Analyzes information problems, requested changes, and required modifications to develop appropriate business process solutions
* Leads and contributes to design discussions in a cross-functional project setting including capacity planning for compute and storage requirements while assisting with project estimation
* Installs, maintains, configures and upgrades database server and management tools
* Designs and delivers documented database solutions, which often require complex system integration, following established standards, guidelines, and configuration according to best practice
* Provides support to staff and vendors involved in the deployment, installation of applications as projects move from design and planning to operational status and functions as a team member in all development and implementation efforts.
Reports to the Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office environment.
When working in clinical areas, potential for exposure to infections and communicable diseases, blood and body fluids, electrical equipment, and chemicals. Must follow standard precautions. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Masters Degree in related field preferred OR
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of relevant experience OR
Associates Degree in related field and 8 years of relevant experience OR
High School diploma or equivalent and 10 years of relevant experience
* Must have three years experience in a large enterprise environment supporting operational database(s)
* Previous work experience programming constructs and structures
* Previous work experience using a Management platform and remote monitoring
* Minimum of three years experience leading and directing team(s) to achieve desired organizational outcomes and objectives
* Minimum of three years experience successfully applying updates, patches, and upgrades to Tier 1 production environment
* Experience writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks
* Demonstrated ability to create, understand, lead and follow processes to ensure successful execution of critical maintenance procedures
* ITIL Foundation Certification within 6 months of employment
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
* Shall be specialized in one of the following specialties listed below: SQL, Cache', Cogito/Clarity/Caboodle/SAP, or ERP DBA
SQL Database Administrator Sr:
* Intermediate level certification (examples include RHCSA, CCNA, MCSA, MTA DB, VCP, VCAP, VCDX, CWNA, EMCSA, ACIS, CCP etc.) or intermediate level database certification. 4 years' experience in programming and/or database analysis, physical database schema design, and support may be substituted for the certification requirement
* Minimum three years of work experience with Microsoft Windows server administration
* Previous work experience scripting on Microsoft Windows using powershell
* Minimum of three years experience administering large SQL Database server environments
Cache' Database Administrator Sr:
* Minimum of three years work experience with RedHat Linux (RHEL) shell commands, privilege escalation, file and user permissions.
* Previous work experience writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks
* Previous work experience applying Cache' and Epic upgrades and updates to production and non-production environments
* Minimum of three years work experience configuring and maintaining Epic environment copies according to environment strategy
* Current Epic Certification as Cache' DBA
Cogito/Clarity/Caboodle/SAP BI Administrator Sr:
* All additional requirements for SQL Database Administrator noted above
* Previous work experience in writing SQL
* Previous work experience in SAP Business Objects administration preferred
* Previous work experience modifying ETL processes to meet organizational reporting requirements preferred
* Certification as Epic Cogito/Clarity/Caboodle/SAP DBA
ERP DBA Sr:
* Industry Certifications (Oracle PL/SQL, MS MCA, etc) preferred
* Experience scripting on AIX, Windows, and UNIX/Linux x using shell, perl, or powershell preferred
* Previous work experience installing and administering PeopleSoft FSCM/HCM preferred
* Previous work experience in the use of RMAN and other DR tools preferred
* Previous work experience with Performance Tuning
* Previous work experience with PL/SQL preferred
* Experience administering and maintaining databases on AIX, MS Windows, or RHEL
Want to be a sponsor?