Leidos is actively hiring for a SQL DB Developer/Administrator to join our team on a short term program in Tampa, FL.
Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
• Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Provide 24x7 support for critical production systems.
• Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
• Support databases for SharePoint, COTS products and Custom Applications including Evault, Blackberry, VMWare, etc...
• Work with the Information Manager to recommend appropriate solutions based on Customer’s needs
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent, Relevant Experience
• 6 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
• 2 years SQL Administration in DoD or Commercial Sector
• Must have DoD 8570 IAT II Certification
• Must know how to install configure and secure SQL Server according to DISA STIGs.
• Must be a US Citizen with Driver’s License, Secret Clearance or eligible to obtain a Secret Clearance
• Must have or be able to obtain a Passport for International Travel
• MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications
• Past experience in a military environment a plus
• C# Skills a plus
• Knowledge of other RDBMs’ such as Postgres or Oracle
• Experience with Internet Information Server(IIS) a plus
• Experience with SharePoint Designer a plus
• Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
• Experience with SQL Server Maintenance Plans and Jobs
• Experience with Transparent Data Encryption(TDE)
• Experience with TLS Certificates, Certificate Requests and Certificate Installation
• Experience with Extensible Key Management (EKM)
• Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Website : http://www.leidos.com
We bring a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in national security, health, and infrastructure. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.