At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As an Application Developer within PNCs Retail MIS organization, you will be based in PITTSBURGH, PA OR STRONGSVILLE, OH. This role will be responsible for support of PNCs Debit Card applications plus many other benefits. This Application Developer role will provide Run support for this platform on an on-going basis, for current and future debit payments initiatives. Working in an On call environment, this position will also work closely with and support various levels of vendor management, as well as handling incoming incident reports.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the following areas:
* Experience with front-end design
* Experience with Java and Java scripting
* Experience with Unix
* Familiarity with Monitoring tools (Dynatrace, ITCAM, etc), ITSM (ServiceNow), and Jon Scheduling tools such as CA7 or similar.
* Experience with Oracle databases and SQL services would be a plus
* Debit and credit card process experience would be a plus
* An understanding of Application Stack
* An understanding of Architecture Designs
* Experience with COBOL would be beneficial, but not required.
* Experience with Informatica
* Experience with MQ.
* Knowledge of ACI Worldwide products (Base24 Prognosis, Asset, PRM, ACM) is also a plus
* Assists in developing, testing and implementing application systems.
* Provides detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple application programs .
* Participates in developing, coding and testing computer programs for relatively straightforward or small projects .
* Assists in preparing technical and procedural documentation required in application system development .
* Provides solutions for programming system operations, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs .
MANAGES RISK - BASIC EXPERIENCE
* Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the banks and units risk appetite and risk management framework.
CUSTOMER FOCUS - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
APPLICATION DESIGN, ARCHITECTURE - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into a technical application design.
IT ENVIRONMENT - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of an organizations IT purposes, activities and standards; ability to create an effective IT environment for business operations.
SYSTEM DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE - BASIC EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of project management techniques and the ability to plan, design, develop, test, implement and maintain system development life cycle segments and phases.
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT TOOLS - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of specific tools and toolkits for the development and support of applications.
APPLICATION MAINTENANCE - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of and ability to define, implement changes to, and support a production application.
APPLICATION TESTING - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of application testing and ability to design, plan and execute application testing strategies and tactics to ensure software quality throughout all stages of application development.
PACKAGED APPLICATION INTEGRATION - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of and the ability to implement packaged application software and integrate it with company applications, databases and technology platforms.
TECHNICAL WRITING/DOCUMENTATION - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of the technical language and writing approach, and the ability to write paper-based and on-line technical reference documentation (guidelines, standards, procedures, processes, applications, etc.)
TECHNICAL TROUBLESHOOTING - WORKING EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of technical troubleshooting approaches, tools and techniques, and the ability to anticipate, recognize, and resolve technical (hardware, software, application or operational) problems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 2 years of relevant professional experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?