Requisition Number: SS-13831
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
About the Company
Founded in 1956, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
About the Team
You will be part of the Technical Infrastructure team responsible for designing, building and delivering critical technical building blocks such as Servers, Storage, Networking, Voice, Databases, Data Centers, Service Desk and Infrastructure tools. Our job is to ensure that every global WSI location, associate and customer has the best experience possible using the vast array of technical solutions we provide.
Day-to-day, you will be part of the team that develops, supports and maintains our SQL Server database environment here at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Our job is to ensure our internal customers get world class support, and we provide scalable and secure solutions to our end users.
About the Role
In this role, your expertise and knowledge of SQL Server databases will provide our internal customers excellent support. Your experience will provide the ability to deliver high quality solutions that you and the team are proud to be part of. Your ability to quickly resolve issues, work with your team members and customers to come up with efficient ways of accomplishing our goals along with your strong communication skills will get you quickly recognized and rewarded here at Williams-Sonoma.
This role reports to the Senior Database Manager responsible for all database technologies here at Williams-Sonoma, Inc
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Work with a team that supports over 750 SQL Server databases;
* Provide capacity planning and performance monitoring of our database environments;
* Support, administer and maintain production and non-production database environments primarily running on Windows, AIX and Linux operating systems;
* Implement and maintain proactive database monitoring;
* Work with engineering and application support teams to identify, triage and resolve performance issues. This requires the ability to analyze, optimize and tune complex SQL queries;
* Deploy and maintain high availability and failover technologies such as Windows Server Failover Clustering and Always on Failover Cluster Instances;
* Create, clone and upgrade database environments to support implementation activities;
* Define, implement and support database backup and recovery policies using Full Recovery Model and/or storage replication technologies;
* Perform database restoration and recovery in the event of a failure;
* Define, implement and enforce database security standards to be compliant with company policies as well as SOX, PCI and PII compliance standards;
* Ensure sensitive data is appropriately protected via industry standard encryption solutions;
* Work with the appropriate teams (Security Compliance, Internal and External Auditors) to review security policies, participate in audits, and implement the appropriate remediation measures;
* Contribute to, and update, systems documentation as required;
* Participate in 24X7 support rotation.
Why you will LOVE working at **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative daily
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
We're excited about you because...
* You have implemented and supported mission critical systems providing 24X7 support;
* You have experience with data replication, transactional and snapshot;
* You have excellent UNIX and Linux shell scripting skills;
* You have proven experience in tuning databases and queries;
* You can drive projects to get the projects accomplished with superior results;
* You deliver winning results and take accountability for your actions;
* You are an expert in diagnosing and solving complex problems;
* You understand the importance of data security, and can implement secure practices and work with SOX and PCI internal and external auditors to provide the needed evidence of the security of our database environments;
* You have very good oral and written communication skills and have the ability to influence others;
* You have 8+ years of SQL Server related work experience;
* You have a BS or MS in Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training and experience may be considered).
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Technical competencies (required):
* Deep understanding of SQL Server 2017 and Azure SQL database.
* Must have a deep understanding of SQL Server In-memory Optimization, Partitioning and Compression
* Must understand SQL Server performance tuning techniques.
* Deep understanding of database replication
* Significant administration experience with Windows, AIX, Linux (RHEL).
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.