Rosslyn, VA 22209
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI
No Suitability Required
GDIT is seeking a Senior DBA to support our team that performs threat auditing of a major federal customer-s networks and provides investigative support to counterintelligence and law enforcement elements within the agency. Candidates MUST possess an active Top Secret clearance.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
* Perform regular maintenance on Oracle database based infrastructure servers. (e.g. Patching, vulnerability resolution and compliance checking)
* Perform database testing of infrastructure changes in lab environment to simulate effects on production systems, prepare test plans, and properly document test results.
* Proactively monitor Linux system performance and improve system architecture to maximize performance and eliminate potential problems.
* Plan, monitor, and implement backup and recovery of database solutions. Troubleshoot and/or provide technical support in the event of an issue.
* Work closely with vendors, team lead, technical lead, database architects/administrators, other systems engineers, project/program managers, and government customers to develop, implement, maintain and upgrade IT infrastructure.
* Publish standards, policies, and procedures, and work with development staff to standardize environment and improve efficiency.
* Other support includes licensing administration, troubleshooting system issues and errors, reviewing vendor provided support materials and monitoring system performance and data recoverability in accordance with customer Information Technology policies and procedures.
* Has a working knowledge of MS Office Suite and can provide deliverables to support project deployment on an as-needed basis.
* Responsible for leading a test team or supporting a test team lead. Provide briefs to government staff on ongoing activities.
* Support customer Linux servers (e.g. installations, configuration management, patching, vulnerability remediation, compliance checking, performance analysis and troubleshooting.
* Support mission-focused infrastructure to ensure performance and availability of system and environment Schedule and coordinate system maintenance activities to reduce impact to production environment
* Test changes in development environment before changes in production environment.
Core work hours are 9:00am - 3:00pm (8.5 work day), Rosslyn, VA
No telework under any circumstance
# of Openings:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Rosslyn - 1801 N Lynn St (VAC085)
Additional Work Locations:
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.