American Financial Group, Inc
Posted Date 2 months ago(3/9/2018 1:45 PM)
Job ID 23313
# Positions 1
Position Type Full Time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
* Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database(s):
* Creates database design specifications based on understanding of business transactions.
* Creates database objects (tables, etc.).
* Creates and maintains database definitions and tables.
* Designs, codes, tests and implements custom database scripts and formal procedures.
* Ensures data integrity; recommends action to maintain data integrity; establishes process / procedures for ongoing data cleanup.
* Monitors and maintains databases for proper performance tuning.
* Designs, implements and maintains data retention and archival; plans for storage needs, retention, backup and recovery.
* Designs, implements and maintains database security.
* Assists in identifying and resolving database problems.
* Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
* Designs and writes codes for database access, modifications and constructions, including stored procedures.
* Maintains and develops business knowledge and customer relationships.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Experience: 2 to 7 years of related experience.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
American Financial Group, Inc
Website : http://www.afginc.com
AFG is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of traditional fixed and fixed-indexed annuities. AFG's purpose is to enable individuals and businesses to manage financial risk using insurance products and services tailored to meet their specific and ever-changing risk exposures. AFG's strategy is to allocate capital to insurance operations which management believes offer a competitive advantage or unique opportunities.