The Database Administrator (DBA) is the custodian of technical database resources within a set products. You will work with a distributed team of DBAs to manage and support key enterprise database systems that provide critical data processing services to internal and client-facing business applications and services. These database systems are primarily based on Oracle and Microsoft technologies but may evolve to include other data warehousing solutions in the near future. You will be required to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that these database platforms are highly available, optimally configured and efficiently managed, and for the operational support of large production EDW systems. This is an extremely challenging role that demands strong technical leadership, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Plan, build, deploy and maintain enterprise OLTP and OLAP based EDW platforms and services. This includes proactive monitoring and tracking, and relevant data analysis and reporting.
* Pro-active and reactive performance analysis, monitoring, troubleshooting and root-cause analysis of database related issues in support of critical day-to-day business operations.
* Responsible for establishing and enforcing consistent database standards, access protocols, profiling and benchmarking, and development, execution and measurement of effective service level agreements.
* Responsible for database capacity planning and efficient utilization of database resources based on performance, growth and utilization trends.
* Responsible for ensuring high-availability ( 99.0%) of critical database systems and services and development, implementation and testing of failover and recovery plans for all critical database systems.
* Participates in the setting of objectives, strategies, plans, programs, performance standards/measures and procedures, as a member of the IT leadership team.
* Participate in on-call system administration support including but not limited to weekends, holidays and after-business hours as required to service the needs of the business.
* Provide mentoring and guidance to junior technical team members.
* BS or MS Degree in Computer Science/MIS or technically related field
* 4 - 6 years relevant database adminstration experience.
* Experience and expertise with at least one of the database technologies used in our products, preferably Vertica but also interested in Oracle and/or MS SQL Server knowledge.
* Preferred prior experience with Vertica Administration and expertise in VSQL. Good working knowledge of Vertica database architecture (column orientation, compression, projections, segmentations, partitions, high availability and recovery, security)
* AND/OR preferred demonstrated thorough knowledge and progressively responsible experience in implementation and maintenance of large-scale OLTP and OLAP systems in mission-critical environments including, but not limited to, Oracle 11g/12c, Oracle RAC, Oracle Grid Control, Data Pump, Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Directory Services, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Cloud Control. Experience with Exadata is plus.
* AND/OR preferred experience with MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, MS Reporting Services, MS Analysis Services, database virtualization, and database backup and recovery solutions.
* Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of database internals and data structures. Hands-on experience with database optimization and tuning.
* Excellent hands-on expertise in SQL/SQL*Plus, PL/SQL, and Unix Shell or Perl scripting.
* Knowledge of formal information security standards and best practices, including database system hardening, identity management and database access controls. Knowledge of HIPAA and PCI standards a plus.
* Demonstrated project management skills and ability to track and report progress against established milestones, metrics and deliverables.
* Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills with strong customer service orientation.
* Positive attitude, ability to work in a team and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.